3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 29, 2008 1:51 PM by huey

User Tracking

huey

I am new to Thwack and Solarwinds, but i have moved away from Cisco LMS to Orion NPM, and a host of add-on's the questio n i have is LMS has a user tracking option that allows you to enter the PC,sewrver,etc ... ip address and it reports what switch port that device is plugged into. i rember seeing something to that affect durring a demo of solarwinds, but i can remember how to do it now, can i get some help??

• Re: User Tracking
          qle
          I believe you're referring to the Switch Port Mapper which is part of the SolarWinds Engineer's Toolset. It is not a feature of Orion NPM.
              Miron

This would be a usefull module for the orion package as the one that we currently use with LMS is extremely unreliable. Given a module could be developed by Solarwinds I would definitely be interested, as we have found more use coming out of Solarwinds through the years than the Cisco Product which is inherently clunky.

Regards

Miron

huey

Not to bash Cisco LMS, but you are correct. I desided to use a product whos main focus is network managment, and not just a after thought. but it dosen't seam like a hard thing to do, you just match a sho arp on a router to a show mac-address dynamic on a switch. something NCM or Netflow.