4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 11, 2008 7:32 AM by edicted

9.1 System requirements

guod

I'm about to upgrade to 9.1 Are the system requirements for a 2nd SLX polling enginge the same as the system requirements for the "main" SLX server ?  (Our SQL Database is on its own server)

Our main server is a dual 3.6 GHZ with 4 GB of RAM

Our polling engine is a dual 2.3 GHZ with 2 GB of RAM

Our DB server is also a dual 3.6 GHZ with 4 GB of RAM

Thanks,

Doug

• Re: 9.1 System requirements
          denny.lecompte

Yes.  A polling engine is essentially an SLX.

Hello - I see that the minimum system requirements are:

CPU Speed: 2.0 GHz; Hard Drive Space: 1 GB; Memory: 2 GB; Operating System: Windows 2003 Server (32-bit or 64-bit) including R2, with IIS installed; .NET 3.5 Framework; Database: SQL Server 2000 SP4 Standard/Enterprise or SQL Server 2005 Express/Standard/Enterprise

What are the recommeneded system requirements for 9.1 SLX

Also what are the recommeneded requirements for APM V2 50-500 monitors. Again the minimum is listed in the data sheet, but there isn't a recommened.

Thanks

mark wiggans

What are the recommeneded system requirements for 9.1 SLX

Also what are the recommeneded requirements for APM V2 50-500 monitors. Again the minimum is listed in the data sheet, but there isn't a recommened.

Thanks

It will vary depending how many total elements monitored and how aggressive the polling settings are, as well as the environmental setup.

Mark, thanks for the reply.  Currently we have only 509 nodes and 1782 interfaces.  We will be adding 80+ Windows servers, 8 VMWare ESX servers running 45+/- VMs along with 100+/- apps.

Not sure if that helps. I'm looking to make a recommendation on what is needed for 9.1 running on a VMWare VM.  I know we can scale if needed, but I want to go to the well and ask once.  Also if I show them the minimum, that is what we will get.

Our current 8.5.1 SLX is running on a dual  2.8Ghz Xeon with 4GB of RAM and our SQL 2000 server is running on a dual 3.0 Ghz Xeon with 8 GB of RAM.

I said, lets use the same that we have... but was told to get the system requirements from Solarwinds.

Thanks