3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 25, 2014 8:31 AM by Leon Adato

Here comes the wintertime

btp

Seems that Orion doesn't like the clock being adjusted. All my graphs had a zillion percent peak at 03:00 Sunday morning. Any fix for this? Guess the polling engine gets one hour of data in one polling due to the daylight saving adjustment.

• Re: Here comes the wintertime
          tdvojmoc

Seems that Orion doesn't like the clock being adjusted. All my graphs had a zillion percent peak at 03:00 Sunday morning. Any fix for this? Guess the polling engine gets one hour of data in one polling due to the daylight saving adjustment.

I'm at winter time, too and cannot confirm this. No unusual peaks in my graphs. Orion 9.1, default polling and statistics collection intervals.
            epenney

I see this is an old posting, but looks like its still an issue. Our statistics show double for the 1 hr overlap (time rolled back 1hr - and stats re-collected and added). Huge spike as this is also backup window for large backups. Management is asking if i can correct this anomoly for our major interfaces.

Leon Adato

For anyone who finds this in their searches, Solarwinds has JUST addressed it as part of the SAM 6.1 hotfix #1. A new version of the jobengine will (somehow - i haven't dug into it yet) allow for DST changes every year.

I'm glad Solarwinds finally addressed this issue!