This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Alert Test Questions

I have questions about Alerts sent for two different types of monitors.

First, I have an alert configured for a Physical Memory monitor and I am using the token %monitorstatus%, which sends something like:
Both thresholds, last value and short term, have been exceeded; rtt: 18ms; avail: 168.06 MB; avail: 4.10%; avail-avg: 4.10%

Is it possible to extract certain information from the %monitorstatus% token?  Rather than have all of that information sent in the email, I would really like to be able to just send "168.06 MB, 4.10% available" or something like that.

Second, I have an Eventlog monitor and an Information alert configured for it.  My content generator is using the %capture[timewritten]% token, but gives a value like 20081023030003.000000-240.  Is it possible to send that time value in a more human-readable format like "10/23/2008 3:03AM"?

Thanks.