This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

New in 9.1

Anything besides VM updates new in 9.1?

•  Besides the VMware ESX Server Monitoring -

Custom Views of External Websites - you can designate any website as an additional tab on the Views menu bar in the web console, giving you the ability to bring web content directly into the Orion Web Console.

Additional Universal Device Poller Transform Functions- you can create your own poller transforms using the sum, minimum, maximum, and average of the values in any column of any polled table.

Some performance and UI changes:
    • The Web Node Management utility has both a new search capability and new interface-only views.
    • Orion Web Console views for Syslog messages, Traps, and Alerts all feature new Quick Start screens.
    • A new Thwack integration resource highlights the latest Universal Device Pollers, submitted by both users and SolarWinds developers, that are available for inclusion in web console views.
    • The default Start menu listing of SolarWinds tools and applications is now more intuitively organized.
  • can you elborate more on how to get an external website as an additional tab on views.

What i want to achive is a page of my internal coded website is displayed inside the master page of Orion Web console.

•  Does this help?

To create or edit an external website view in the web console:
    1. Click Admin in the Views toolbar, and then click External Websites in the Customize grouping of the Orion Website Administration page.click Add.
    2. Provide a Menu Title for the external website to display in the Views toolbar.
    3. If you want to include a heading within the view,provide an optional Page Title to display within the view.
    4.  Provide the URL of the external website, in http://domain_name format, and then click OK.
    5. Click Preview to view the external website as the web console will display it.
  • FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to mark_wiggans

And the section is documented in the Admin Guide here:

www.solarwinds.com/.../wwhelp.htm

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Other NPM 9.1 features are documented here: 

And the Release Notes given even more detail:

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to BryanBecker

They're in the Release Notes.

• Hi

One thing NOT in the release notes, are the change of node tree view. For some reason you changed the node tree view to show the lowest status of one single node in that container.

Meaning that if you group your nodes in three levels, and one node is either unmanaged, warning or down, the entire top container is having this status.

I have created a case for this, but was given the answer "working as designed" - Well, that might be, but then its poor design. At least it should be an option to choose.

A few other buge / poor design choices (like the missing "select all syslog events") is leaving me with a feeling of a very bad upgrade - and information level from SolarWinds.

Brgds

Jesper Vestergaard

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to JesperVestergaard
    Meaning that if you group your nodes in three levels, and one node is either unmanaged, warning or down, the entire top container is having this status.

Jesper,

The new behavior is what has been requested by the majority of users.  We will update the RNs; leaving it out is an oversight.  I'll look into the missing "Select All".  If that's replicable, we'll get that fixed.

•  I agree with Jesper.

I liked it better in the 9.0 version.  I would prefer a way to set the severity so that there are visual cues from the map as to what is happening.