We made some changes to CPU and memory polling for certain classes of Cisco devices. Specifically, what kinds of devices are you seeing the problems on?
unable to see on cisco 3750 , 7206, 6513 , 3745 , 7604
its on all the devices we have in our environment.
can you also suggest what i have to do it fix this ??? we cannot keep on sending blank reports to our management.
Do you have a Support case number? If not, can you open one today?
another issue started with NPM 9.1
now my poller goes down every night and they do not come up even after restarting the NPM service .
I have to get the server rebooted for this.
I think i have to roll back to 9.0 as i can't continue like this .This is impacting my SLA reports and my SLA team and customer is behind me .
Case Number 63695 Created...
Issue above works fine with SNMPv2, just not with SNMPv3
We use HOST-RESOURCES-MIB and CISCO-PROCESS-MIB for New cisco devices
Adding HOST-RESOURCES-MIB and CISCO-Process-MIB to SNMPv3 VIEWS should resolve the issue of not getting CPU Utilization
snmp-server group GROUP v3 auth read ORIONView
snmp-server view ViewName View internet included
snmp-server view ViewName system included
snmp-server view ViewName interfaces included
snmp-server view ViewName chassis included
snmp-server view ViewName cisco included
snmp-server view ViewName ciscoProcessMIB included
snmp-server view ORIONView 188.8.131.52.184.108.40.206.220.127.116.11.1.7 includedsnmp-server view ORIONView 18.104.22.168.22.214.171.124.126.96.36.199.1.8 included
OID number: 188.8.131.52.184.108.40.206.220.127.116.11.1.5/4
And the reason is because of this from Cisco:
snmpwalk -Os -c <community string> -v 2c 18.104.22.168
enterprises.22.214.171.124.126.96.36.199.1 = Gauge32: 7
enterprises.188.8.131.52.184.108.40.206.2 = Gauge32: 25
enterprises.220.127.116.11.18.104.22.168.3 = Gauge32: 0
So here is the explanation to how we calculate this:
The device has 3 CPUs. Those three numbers that are returning are individual percentages for each CPU.
Prior to 9.1 we were only reporting the CPU utilization for one CPU (7% as an example).
Now we are fully utilizing the MIB and averaging the utilization of all the reported CPUs and showing that number: 7 + 25 + 0 = 32*******************************************
Take that a divide by the number of CPUs: 32 / 3 = 10.67 ~ 11% average CPU utilization.
I have this issue too and I guess I am not happy with the result or the explanation. I did open the case on a 6509 that now in SolarWinds reports a 20% CPU utilization when it is actually (by doing sh proc cpu) running at 65 or 70%. The average does not give me an acurate picture of how hard my device is working. I'm in the process of adding additional QoS and ACLs and I would like to know how they affect my CPU utilization. Without adding custom pollers to pull the information I need, I'm missing a VERY important piece to SolarWinds. I'm disappointed and personally I would like to see the way CPU is calculated changed back to the way it was in previous versions.