15 Replies Latest reply on Dec 18, 2008 1:10 AM by ravirsc

Orion 9.1 & Application Monitor

aLTeReGo

I've run into a snag trying to upgrade my Orion 9.0 to Orion 9.1. I still had Application Monitor installed on my Orion server and it seems I can neither install Orion 9.1 with AM installed, nor can I uninstall AM. So I guess you could say I'm stuck. I'm happy to get rid of AM, but there doesn't appear to be any method of uninstalling it. What's the recommended method of uninstalling AM if there's no "Uninstall" showing up in Add/Remove Programs?

• Re: Orion 9.1 & Application Monitor
          juliandaniel

HI

Had the same issue yesterday with my old AM but I had it in Add/Remove. Once done it installed fine

Julian

• Re: Orion 9.1 & Application Monitor
            tdanner

To trick the Orion 9.1 installer into thinking AppMon is not installed, delete this registry key:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\SolarWinds\Orion\Application Monitor

Now you need to manually remove AppMon. This set of steps should do an adequate job of that:

1. Delete the AppMon poller service: "sc delete OrionAppPoller"
            2. Delete the Add/Remove Programs entry: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\InstallShield_{CDC35801-8701-4D76-BAD7-F5B7F9E39827} and HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{CDC35801-8701-4D76-BAD7-F5B7F9E39827}.
            3. Delete the OrionApplicationMonitor directory under Program Files\SolarWinds\Orion.
            4. Delete the website directories: \Inetpub\SolarWinds\ApplicationMonitor and \Inetpub\SolarWinds\Orion\AppMon.
            5. Delete a bunch of files in the Program Files\SolarWinds\Orion directory:
              1. Application Monitor Initial Configuration.NPMWebBackup
              2. ApplicationMonitor.DBStructure
              3. ApplicationMonitor-WebSite.zip
              4. Applications-NetPerfMon.Charts
              5. AppPollerService.exe
              6. SolarWinds.ConfigurationWizard.Plugin.AppMon.dll
            Now you should be all set to upgrade to 9.1.