6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 14, 2008 12:24 PM by BryanBecker

Orion version

jonchill

I've upgraded to v9.1 but in the website the details of the pollers is v9 sp2 which is the version I upgraded from. I've checked in system manager and both pollers show v9.1. Is this correct?

Thanks

• Re: Orion version
          tdanner

That's strange. Could you post a screenshot of where it is showing v9 sp2?

jonchill

That's strange. Could you post a screenshot of where it is showing v9 sp2?

tdanner

I see what's going on. The "Service Pack" line right below "Operating System" actually refers to the Windows SP level, not the Orion SP level. And the "Package" line is referring specifically to the display name of the SolarWinds license key installed on that server. We only normally only change the license keys for major version increments, so 9.1 uses the same keys as 9.0. That's why when you upgrade from 9.0 to 9.1 you won't get the license dialog again. So I think everything's fine.

BryanBecker

Is it too much to start actually putting the version name on the package line?

Instead of Orion NPM Polling Engine v9 SLX why can't you have Orion NPM Polling Engine v9 SLX SP2 or Orion NPM Polling Engine v9.1 SLX?

BB

denny.lecompte

Is it too much to start actually putting the version name on the package line?

Instead of Orion NPM Polling Engine v9 SLX why can't you have Orion NPM Polling Engine v9 SLX SP2 or Orion NPM Polling Engine v9.1 SLX?

For complex, but boring reasons, our back end systems don't let us do that for the package...yet.  We're going to make this better in the future.

BryanBecker

Denny...I hear ya but I've heard that said many times before...and for a long time.  I know I get frustrated trying to identify version numbers, patch levels for Orion and my add-ons in 1 easy way.  It's just not possible currently.  Please...get this address...soon.