8 Replies Latest reply on Jan 6, 2009 5:05 PM by epenney

Custom properties missing in Report Writer

I just recently upgraded our Orion install from version 8 to 9. I tried to create a report in Report Writer and noticed that that I cannot filter by the custom properties I had created. They were there before the upgrade, but now they aren't. Any explanations. Please note that if I go into Custom Property Editor everything is there.

• Re: Custom properties missing in Report Writer
          ktucker

Hello there

I have this also.

Running Orion V9 SP1.

If I run the query on the report writer, all looks OK when I extract a custom property. When I build the report though, the custom property repeats the heading I created all the way down the column (not getting variable it appears).

Also, my reports section on the Orion website show all my reports from the days I used V8.0 but they are not visible in the report writer itself. 

Any ideas on what went missing?

Thanks

Ken

• Re: Custom properties missing in Report Writer
            rcahill

I just recently upgraded our Orion install from version 8 to 9. I tried to create a report in Report Writer and noticed that that I cannot filter by the custom properties I had created. They were there before the upgrade, but now they aren't. Any explanations. Please note that if I go into Custom Property Editor everything is there.

I also had this same issue in version 9.0.
            I was recommended to add a new custom property to the nodes and then the custom property would "magically" appear.  Like the proverbial rabbit they did!

I had to repeat this exercise when I upgraded to 9.1. BTW, removing the additonal field had no impact on the Custom Property not working.
            Within the report writer I needed to verify that the custom properties were again populated.  This was a 50/50 situation.