2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 14, 2009 12:16 PM by chris.lapoint

Tools need to be recreated

BryanBecker

I thought I had this posted before but I can't find it.  EVERYTIME I have to patch or upgrade Cirrus/NCM the install removes all of my custom tools that I have set up.  I have 3 to leverage SecureCRT (SSH1/SSH2/Telnet). 

Please...please...address this issue...I'm tired of having to recreate this on multiple servers.

BB

• Re: Tools need to be recreated
          BryanBecker

I just upgraded to 5.1 for NCM and yet again my tools that I defined where blown away and I have to recreate them.  I will ask this again...please get this fixed in the next release or something.

BB

• Re: Tools need to be recreated
              chris.lapoint

We really do feel your pain on this one. We added a new menu item ('Discover Devices') and our current toolbar control requires us to overwrite personalization for this to show up.  Unfortunately, there is no merge option in the control.  We spent an inordinate amount of time investigating how we would do merge, but short of replacing our entire toolbar control, this was not possible.   Given all of our other priorities in NCM 5, we had no choice but to defer.

We'll look at this again for our next release.   Until then, if you don't care about the ('Discover Devices') being available, you can manually backup the old toolbar (save old Configuration-Management.Toolbars file) and then overwrite new version.