This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Graph only

Is there a way to put a node in and only graph it.  I don't want to know if any of its ports go up or down I just want traffic graphs on it.  Is there anyway to do this?

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

Is there a way to put a node in and only graph it.  I don't want to know if any of its ports go up or down I just want traffic graphs on it.  Is there anyway to do this?

this is confusing because you are saying you dont want to know anything on its ports but then you say you want traffic information.

yes you can put in a node and monitor it ICMP only.  That will give you minimal information but tell you availability and response time.

If you want more "traffic" oriented information then you will need to monitor a interface.

• Sorry I guess that wasn't clear enough, all I want is traffic information on a node's ports.  I don't want to know if the node or ports go up or down all I want is traffic information.  Is there anyway to just get traffic without up/down status?

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to looperz

I would venture a guess on this and say no.

the most basic part of gathering trafffic reports are when the port is in operational status.

You can choose to only look at the traffic reports and not worry about when it is up or down if that is more what you need.

you can definately turn off any alert that lets you know when a port changes state and only run alerts that tell you the if the traffic is over 90% and such.

the Top 10 page is a good resource to see statistical data like what you are looking for.  It will give you response times and volume of traffic and current data rates.

Still not sure I am understanding what you are looking for here.