This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

No Web Setting with name "First Time" found

FormerMember
FormerMember

after installing v9.0 and updating to SP 2

I tried to launch the website on the server and got this message.

KeyNotFoundException: No Web Setting with name "First Time" found.]
   SolarWinds.Orion.Web.DAL.WebSettingsDAL.Get(String settingName) +212
   SolarWinds.Orion.Web.DAL.WebSettingsDAL.get_FirstTime() +17
   ASP.orion_login_aspx.__BuildControl__control5() +88
   ASP.orion_login_aspx.__BuildControl__control3(Control __ctrl) +308
   System.Web.UI.CompiledTemplateBuilder.InstantiateIn(Control container) +12
   ASP.orion_masterpage_master.__BuildControlContentPlaceHolder1() +113
   ASP.orion_masterpage_master.__BuildControlaspnetForm() +125
   ASP.orion_masterpage_master.__BuildControlBody() +128
   ASP.orion_masterpage_master.__BuildControlTree(orion_masterpage_master __ctrl) +102
   ASP.orion_masterpage_master.FrameworkInitialize() +34
   System.Web.UI.UserControl.InitializeAsUserControlInternal() +31
   System.Web.UI.MasterPage.CreateMaster(TemplateControl owner, HttpContext context, VirtualPath masterPageFile, IDictionary contentTemplateCollection) +2028700
   System.Web.UI.Page.get_Master() +48
   System.Web.UI.Page.ApplyMasterPage() +18
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +685

after that i read the post

my problem seemed a little different but i followed the advice and still have the same issue.

running Orion on Windows 2003 x64

Have SQL 2005 Enterprise on separate box for back end.

the System Manager runs just fine and i can add and monitor devices from there I just cant get the Web part working.

Made sure that the SOLARWINDS_WEBSITE account is in the user and power users groups and even added it to administrator group to see if that would help like i read in another post here.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

so i will take the lack of response here as no one at solarwinds knows what to do here.

Same as the guy i spent 6 hours in email tag last night that had me reload the program 4 times to get right back to where i started at before he said we need more time to think about this.

• Probably best to open a support ticket for this. It looks like your database is missing a chunk of configuration data that the website depends on. Sending the output of the SolarWinds Diagnostics tool to support should let us figure out how much is missing and why.

•  ...and please mention this thread in the ticket so the tech. can sync up with the Dev team on this. Thanks!

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to mark_wiggans

yeah got a ticket going on this one case: 61187

like i said we spent from 9pm to 3am EDT working this in relay from emails

reloaded about 4 times total and still at same spot.

last email from him was

Sorry for the wait, please allow us to do some research on this promblem and get back to you shortly

Regards

Wong An Kian

Sent in a couple emails today to try and get going again but no response yet.

the only thing I can see that seems not right is on install I get a popup that says:

Orion Web Backup

Cannot Create OrionNPMWeb.Application Object

Error #48  Error in loading DLL

it has a blue shield on the popup and when i hit ok the install completes just fine and says the install was successful

Just never have had this popup on any other install before trying v9.0

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hemi,

I checked with the Dev team (which includes Tim), and it turns out Casey is already working with your case through Support.  We'd prefer to keep the troubleshooting in one place rather than trying to coordinate both Support and Thwack, otherwise we end up multiple people duplicating effort and stepping on each other's toes.  Dev will get it figured out. 

•  I just installed the evaluation copy yesterday and have the same issue.  Please let us know how this issue can be fixed.  We need to evaluate this product thoroughly as we have a very large enterprise.

I also added SOLARWINDS_WEBSITE as an administrator and power user.  

Server built only for testing purposes:

Windows 2003 Standard R2 32-bit - fresh install
    SQL Express 2005 - will be running SQL 2005 if we purchase the product
    .NET 3.5

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to gregwilliams

Greg,

Please open a support ticket or talk to your SE so that we can resolve the problem.  Thwack's not a good venue for this particular issue.