5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 26, 2008 8:19 AM by denny.lecompte

Making Orion administration less painful.

pserwe

I had issues with being able to create alerts that would trigger off of a given variable.  Adding a Custom Property to all of my nodes,

and doing advanced alerts based off the contents of that Custom Property helped immensely.

Now I have an issue with user administration for access to the web-based NMS, in that I need to be limiting the majority of my user's

view, quite dramatically.  Is the proper way to do that by a view by pattern?  Can I use a regexp that would match on the first 5 characters

in the node name being numeric (not alphanumeric)?

Can I do a view limitation based off a custom property like I do with alerts?

I'm not quite sure how to get around to the end result, but I pretty much just need to be able to set a view

for the user(s), and not have to change 30 (soon to be more) users every time I add a node.

That's the immediate, short-term need. 

On the long term side, I need API documentation, or merely documentation on how the relevant tables need to be populated

for the addition of a new node, the addition of new users, new advanced alerts.  I need to be able to add nodes, users, and set

the relevant limitations as part of a flow-through from other systems.

Peter