This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

swithport mapper gives the error "device doesnt support BRIDGE-MIB"

I am evaluating your product with force10 switch(E300).When i use the switch port mapper it gives error
device doesnt support BRIDGE-MIB.I have attached the the ethereal capture from the machine where i have
installed solarwinds
Is this a bug ??
snmp.zip
  •  Terryboy - ifyou look at packet #12 where we are asking for RFC1493-MIB:dot1dTpFdbTable, you can see where the device responds with the next OID is it supports (packet #13), which is outside of the RFC1493-MIB:dot1dTpFdbTable. 

We are currently working on a newer version of the switch port mapper that will attempt to use Q-BRIDGE-MIB:dot1qFdbTable as well, which your device might support.

HTH,

Greg

• Hi Greg,

From the packet capture i saw tht switch port mapper is requesting for dot1d brige-mib and the response from the switch was Q-bridge-mib.After checking with support

they mentoned that they will have a newer version released later this year which will support both forwarding databases.Thanks fo ur help.

Thanks,

Terry