3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 7, 2008 3:58 AM by sbutterworth

Available Virtual Memory

Morning,

I have one questions (i tried to think of three, but couldn't get there)

The available virtual memory bar chart says that I have 33.18%.

What is the app reading to get this magical number?

Here's the reasoning behind my question, I look at my exchange server and the perfmon says that I'm using 35% (% peak) of the virtual memory.  Now my maths isn't that good, but I do know that 35 and 33 don't make 100.

Cheers

: )

• Re: Available Virtual Memory
          josh.clark

Where are you seeing the 33.18% number?  Can you post a screenshot?  I want to make sure i'm telling you the right answer.

Well.

I think I can answer about that as I experience a similar issue with SolarWinds.

The fact is that for some unknown reason, SolarWinds traks the available PHYSICAL memory and claims to display VIRTUAL memory.

For instance on my monitored server, I have 100MB physical memory available over 2GB total and SolarWinds displays 5% available virtual memory, which is wrong obviously.

I don't know how to fix that bug and I would be glad to know.

mmm, that is interesting....

Sorry about not getting back with the image of what I mean, been really busy lately.

The issue I have is just that, the Virtual Memory chart/graph shows a percentage and this does not relate to our exchanges virtual memory.

I'll sort out the image... if I get a moment

: )

[edit]

How do you attach an image?