This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Loging error from outside

HI,

when i am trying to login to the server from the internet (i did NAT on my cisco to this address) i am getting the login page, i am entering the User :Admin (with no password) and i am getting an error :

System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 84.108.133.135:8080
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.InternalConnect(EndPoint remoteEP)
   at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Int32 timeout, Exception& exception)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
   at ClassicSiteProxy.Login(HttpContext context, String username, String password)
   at Login.DoLoginAction(String username, String password)
   at Login.LoginButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at Login.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
 from the LAN i can erter the server with no problem.
thnaks
Roee
  • FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

The error message is saying that you can't connect to the server.  Given that you can reach it within the LAN, it seems like you have a permissions problem.

• thank you for yuor response...

the thing is that i can get the Orion website and i can enter the user and password, but when i click login i get this message.

can you advise what could be the issue?

thanks

Roee

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to sroee1

I can't say more than than that without knowing more.  Maybe others reading this thread can provide more insight.  You might also want to consider a Support ticket.

• the problem is only when i am tying to log from the net.

from the LAN it is working good....on the conf wizard i did with the loacl address of the PC for example:192.168.10.128, and the port 80.

i changed the port ot 80 instead of 8080 and now i get :

System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.

at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
    at ClassicSiteProxy.Login(HttpContext context, String username, String password)
    at Login.DoLoginAction(String username, String password)
    at Login.LoginButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at Login.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
    at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
    when i am logging in with user and password ...
    how can i set permissions?
    is there a manual ?
    is this orion permissions or something with the Win server???
    thnaks
    Roee
  • If I understand correctly, you are able to web to the server when connecting locally using the private ip address, but are unable to make a connection when connecting remotely (outside your firewall) using a public address that NAT's to your internal private address. It sounds to me like the issue is with your firewall.
  • but from outside i can get the Orion web page with no problem, when i am aentering the user and password and click login, it is giving me this error on page...

• I have the exact same problem, I was excited about getting this program working internally, then when I had a client test it for themselves they

said they could not log into it, but I was actually logged into it. Well then I thought alright, so I remoted offsite then back into the NPM and

sure enough I got the login screen so I said cool, but then when I enter my credentials, I get the famous message everyone is talking about. 

Orion Website Error

An error has occurred with the Orion website.

Additional Information

System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.InternalConnect(EndPoint remoteEP)   at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Int32 timeout, Exception& exception)   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()   at ClassicSiteProxy.Login(HttpContext context, String username, String password)   at Login.DoLoginAction(String username, String password)   at Login.LoginButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)   at Login.OnLoad(EventArgs e)   at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

How is it that I can log into it with no issues inside but outside I can get as far as the login screen but no further?? are there limitations as to
    what Ports MUST be used? I am using a custom Port for security. Are there additional ports that must be OPEN to allow outside access?
    This is rather ODD considering the Username and password is hosted on the Server and is not tied into Active Directory or any other authentication
    pieces. I would image this to be a BUG?
     I have tested this thouroughly inside the network with NO ISSUES, EVERYthing works, it's only accessing it BEHIND the firewall that this happens
    BUMMER
  • issue fixed after reading this thread

Keyword " Orion 8.5 Hotfix 1+2 available "

Thanks!!

• solve rthe issue...

thanks

Roee