4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 16, 2008 1:29 PM by kasaff

Solarwinds NPM 9.0 SP2 APM v2.0

ed.bowen
      I have been using NPM for four years... from v7 thru 9.0 SP2. Up until four weeks ago I would have sang the praises of this product to anyone and everyone I know. I upgraded from NPM 8.5.1 and Application Monitor to NPM 9.0 with APM v1.0... nothing but problems and ineffective support. I have flatten my server, completed a fresh install of OS... SQL... all patches and security updates... NPM... APM v2.0... network re-discovery... have had to completely reconfigure all maps, and custom web pages...  still having noteworthy issues with a NPM and/or APM v2.0 memory leak and APM monitored objects randomly reporting an "Unknown" status.I feel like a beta tester for a new incomplete product offering.
        • Re: Solarwinds NPM 9.0 SP2 APM v2.0
          kasaff

Ed,

I'm the support engineer working on your case.  I've sent you two e-mails now, including one with a fix to your APM v2 issue that our development team worked on.  I've yet to hear anything back from you, even as a confirmation that the fix worked.  We would really like to get everything resolved for you, but we can't do that if there's no communication.   Please respond to one any of the e-mails I sent you; I'll be happy to go through any issues that are remaining. 

ed.bowen

Thank you for sending the web fix... that took care of part of the problem; I can now access the website and add applications to be monitored. However, I'm still experiencing the issue with applications randomly reporting a "down" condition. This was part of the problem before I flatten the box and completely rebuilt. Sorry I have not had an opportunity to get back with you... I have spent so much time on this upgrade... I have other projects that are stacking up in to queue. Please advise on troubleshooting path... Thanks!

ed.bowen
                Kate… there also seems to be a memory issue… Orion server causing virtual memory to generate APM warning. Is this a tuning issue? I sent you an email with the graph. Thanks!