Hi. At this time, no import facility is available to make these icons available in Map Maker. As a workaround, consider the following.
1. Download the stencil set for use in Microsoft Visio.
2. Drag the shapes you want to use as icons in Map Maker onto the Visio Drawing surface.
3. Save the drawing as a GIF file.
4. Open the drawing with a graphics editor, for example, GIMP (http://www.gimp.org/).
5. Cut out the graphics individually and save them as GIF files to a new folder within the following folder: C:\Program Files\Solarwinds\Orion\Maps\NetObjects\Icons.
These icons will now be available for use on your maps.
I'm already doing that way.
What i meant was something like this kind of icons(presentation icons) to be inside the Solarwinds icon database where we can make it apart from visio stencils and it should the same for the IBM, SUN hardware icons and the rest of the world vendors to be included inside the icon db.
Please consider this important and take it as enhancement request.
Pls send me your email id, so that I can send you the attachment.
I cannot attach the jpg here.
Waiting for your reply.
Thank you for the clarification. I will pass this to our Product Management team and make sure it is noted as a feature request for the future version of Map Maker. I do understand the importance of having up-to-date icons when creating maps.
I was having some trouble adding attachments myself. You can add the jpg to this post by replying and then selecting the Options tab at the top of the reply, right under the heading Reply to an Existing Message. When you click Options, there is a blue button under File Attachment labeled Add/Update. Click that button and browse to the file you want to upload.
If you are still having trouble adding the jpg, feel free to email me at email@example.com. I will add the jpg to the post.