3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 27, 2008 12:02 PM by MTorok

Network or vendor icons eg: cisco devices icons can be found on www.cisco.com.

We need NEW types of cisco device icons instead of old styple which you have in Solarwind icons for network.

The new device icons can be found in www.cisco.com ; we need this type of device icons to be inside the database by which

we can draw a standard maps more like visio diagrams and realistic.

This feature is highly required. The same implicies to other vendors devices different types of devices icons.

• Re: Network or vendor icons eg: cisco devices icons can be found on www.cisco.com.
          MTorok

Hi. At this time, no import facility is available to make these icons available in Map Maker. As a workaround, consider the following.

1. Download the stencil set for use in Microsoft Visio.

2. Drag the shapes you want to use as icons in Map Maker onto the Visio Drawing surface.

3. Save the drawing as a GIF file.

4. Open the drawing with a graphics editor, for example, GIMP (http://www.gimp.org/).  

5. Cut out the graphics individually and save them as GIF files to a new folder within the following folder:  C:\Program Files\Solarwinds\Orion\Maps\NetObjects\Icons.

These icons will now be available for use on your maps.

• Re: Network or vendor icons eg: cisco devices icons can be found on www.cisco.com.

Hi MTorok,

I'm already doing that way.

What i meant was something like this kind of icons(presentation icons) to be inside the Solarwinds icon database where we can make it apart from visio stencils and it should the same for the IBM, SUN hardware icons and the rest of the world vendors to be included inside the icon db.

Please consider this important and take it as enhancement request.

Pls send me your email id, so that I can send you the attachment.

I cannot attach the jpg here.

Waiting for your reply.

Regards,

AR.

MTorok

AR,

Thank you for the clarification. I will pass this to our Product Management team and make sure it is noted as a feature request for the future version of Map Maker. I do understand the importance of having up-to-date icons when creating maps.

I was having some trouble adding attachments myself. You can add the jpg to this post by replying and then selecting the Options tab at the top of the reply, right under the heading Reply to an Existing Message. When you click Options, there is a blue button under File Attachment labeled Add/Update. Click that button and browse to the file you want to upload.

If you are still having trouble adding the jpg, feel free to email me at michael.torok@solarwinds.com. I will add the jpg to the post.

Sincerely,

Michael