This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Alert not working in unknown state

I have an alerts setup for application monitoring to trigger when "Status is equal to Down" The application port went into an unknown state and nothing happened. What needs to happen in order to get this to trigger for a down or unknown?

Here is the Setup:
Trigger Alert when all of the following apply
Name is equal to Web Monitor
Status is equal to Down
  • I made a change to the alert to be greater than or equal to unknown and the alert triggered. Will the also trigger for down or did I just break that?
  • FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to seudo2k
    I made a change to the alert to be greater than or equal to unknown and the alert triggered. Will the also trigger for down or did I just break that?

That's probably not your best bet. Instead, you might say alert when not equal to Up. That'll capture Unknown, Down, etc. If you only want Down or Unknown, then create two trigger conditions and change the default from trigger if *all* apply to trigger if *any* apply. One trigger says alert if down; the other says alert if unknown.
  • I can't change Alert when all because of the Name equal to Web Monitor is part of that. I changed the Status monitor. Just to make sure I did it right I made it "Status is not equal to Up" Should it alert again once I save the new settings?
  • Yes, if you make any modifications to the trigger condition, the alert will reset and trigger again, if applicable.