This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Faulting module SNMPv7.dll in 9.0 SP2

FormerMember
FormerMember

I had an issue this past weekend when I noticed I didn't have current statistics for any of my interfaces.  After checking various items, I found the following error in Event Viewer:

Faulting application NetPerfMonService.EXE, version 7.6.0.1, faulting module SNMPv7.dll, version 7.1.0.21, fault address 0x0000bbd5.

Rebooting the Orion server resolved the issue.  One week ago I upgraded from 9.0 SP1 to SP2.  During the upgrade I had problems getting the NetPerfMonService to stop; after waiting 3 hours as the memory crept downward every minute by 128 k, I killed the processes, allowing the upgrade to complete, but then had to reboot when it wouldn't restart automatically at the end.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to mark_wiggans

The symptoms in the post don't match the issue that I'm having.  It appears his issues were with any NPM install or upgrade.  I've checked the SP2 installation log and nothing appears to have failed.

I had no problems with my initial 8.5.1 install; upgrades to 9.0 then 9.0 SP1 have not had issues either.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Crashed again, 5 days after the last time.

Faulting application NetPerfMonService.EXE, version 7.6.0.1, faulting module SNMPv7.dll, version 7.1.0.21, fault address 0x0000bbd5.

• FormerMember

After crashing again over the weekend, I have opened a support ticket and am waiting on a response.  Have never had this much problems with Orion at 8.5.1, 9.0 or SP1.

Looks like others are also having problems with SP2.

• FormerMember

Just to let people know, per support, I had to uninstall Orion (I uninstalled everything that had Orion in Add/Remove programs), delete the Orion subdir, and reinstall.  My SQL db is on another server.  I ran into the same issue after this when I tried running the Orion manager that it had a popup that it couldn't connect to my servername.  Clicking OK and rerunning it didn't work, so rebooted and everything appears to be working at this time (18 hours later).  Note that I had this same Manager connect issue after installing SP2 from SP1 (never had similar problems during the SP1 or 9.0 upgrade from 8.5.1).

Support said the root cause was several of my DLLs were corrupted, but have no details on what the corruption was (mixed versions, maybe)?