4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 29, 2008 5:23 PM by kreagan@uidaho.edu

Windows 2003 Service Monitoring

Hey All,

I am having a few issues with SNMP service monitors for 2k3 servers.  An "add server" scan of a Win2k3 box finds everything except services (ie drive space, ports, fans, cpu's etc).  Win2k works fine and as expected.  The udp port and snmp community strings are correct and these servers are not behind a firewall.

Using the Add Service Monitor Wizard returns the following error.

<quote>
      No available Services were found at "my.local.serverName". To resolve this issue, ensure that:

* The IP Address / Domain Name, UDP Port and Community Name are entered correctly.
          * A firewall is not blocking access to the remote device.
      </quote>

Cloning a Win2000 monitor and changing the settings works correctly.  Even if you click "List" to bring up the servers, the entire list is there.  This is why I am unsure why the add server scan does not find any services for Windows 2003 server.

I am running IPM 8.5 with the 5.51 meg mib_base.bxml.  The server is a 2k3 server and when scanning itself, it finds all the services.

With a mass migration away from Windows 2000 servers, this little cloning step could take a very long time to complete for our whole monitored environment.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
      Brock