This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Orion system monitor is not working!

Here is the symptom:

When I double click on the orion system monitor, the cursor will change to
hour glass. But after a few seconds, it will return back to the regular
mouse arrow pointer and nothing else will happen.

Please advice me what could be the reason why this is happening?

Thanks for the concerns......

•  Has anything changed in your installation from the time you started having this problem?

Things to do:

1. Check the event logs in 'Event Viewer', to see if anything is being logged preventing the application opening

2. Check the SolarWinds logs, again checking for any messages related to System Manager. Easiest thing to do is to run the SolarWindsDiagnostic.exe in the program folder to organise diag output

Running a repair on Orion usually sorts these problems out, but you will need to reinstall the modules and patches, so go through the logs first to try and pinpoint any underlying issue.

• I noticed that my orion is shutting down sometimes but after a minute it will turn to up.

As of now can you please send me the possible cause of this problem?

•  Could be the database. What version is this on? Have you tried running through the configuration wizard?

•  The version of what we are using is Network Performance Monitor Version 7.2.

The reason is that whenever we try to run the Orion system monitor program,
    it will not continue, and the cpu will shoot up to 100%

Already repaired the application.  But still happening this problem.

•  What symptoms do you have with the Website if any? What is the size of the DB?I believe that version used the MSDE version.

That is a really old version you have- could it possibly be this- support.solarwinds.com/.../ProblemDetail.cfm

?

•  Tnx! We will try this one. Just send an update of the result.

•  Same problem.

Any help would be much appreciated.

thanks.

•  Has anything changed in your installation from the time you started having this problem?

Things to do:

1. Check the event logs in 'Event Viewer', to see if anything is being logged preventing the application opening

2. Check the SolarWinds logs, again checking for any messages related to System Manager. Easiest thing to do is to run the SolarWindsDiagnostic.exe in the program folder to organise diag output

Running a repair on Orion usually sorts these problems out, but you will need to reinstall the modules and patches, so go through the logs first to try and pinpoint any underlying issue.

Have you tried the above suggestions from Dobbs?

Has any of the accounts or passwords changed on your server?
    The Polling engine needs to be authenticated to connect to the database.
    You can try re-running the Install Wizard. Make sure you are logged in with an Admin account.

If these suggestions do not help the you should open a support ticket. 

forms.netsuite.com/.../externalcasepage.nl