This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Feature request: Interface monitors

I would like to request a new built-in monitor for monitoring the up/down status of interfaces on a device.  This would be done by querying the SNMP value ifOperStatus from the device's interface table.

Discovery would identify the interfaces that are currently up and would offer to create SmartMonitors for them.

Also can we please have a new dashboard device web resource for interfaces which shows up/down status along with utilisation.

This request was inspired by this forum thread.

Thanks - Simon

• I just signed up in the forums for this very reason.  We're in the process of migrating from WhatsUp Gold to IPMonitor, and I found it odd that when scanning a new device, IPmonitor would add bandwidth monitors automatically for each interface, but not up/down monitors. 

While I realize these can be added via custom SNMP monitors, it's a total pain if you're monitoring switches/routers and need to monitor a lot of interfaces.  You have to know the OIB port instance for each interface ahead of time.  Clicking and selecting on a scan would be awesome.