This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Report Writer and UnDP

Hi:

I had created a couple of Reports based on SQL queries in Orion v8.x Report Writer and one field retrieved as part of the query was the DATE/TIME field from the CustomPollerStatus table.  Now since upgrading to Orion v9 these date/time values seem to be in GMT.  Is there a Format String that I can use in Report Writer's Field Formating tab to cause the time to be converted back to local time, or do I need to do some additional math within my SQL query first to convert it back to local time?  Please suggest a solution either way.

Thanks.

Dale

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

I couldn't find a way to get it to happen via a Field Formatting option(there are all kinds of options for specific formats, but nothing I could find to handle adding or subtracting hours).

However, in your SQL query, there appears to be a way that will work:

If you old query was:

Select LastBoot from Nodes;

Your new query should be:

Select DATEADD(hh, 5, LastBoot) from Nodes;

Where 5 would be your offset from GMT. A -5 would work just as well.

Let me know if that works for you.

• Thanks for the tip, it does modify the time for me.  It would be nice if the offset could be tied to the current timezone offset accounting for daylight savings.

BTW: where can I find the Field Format options?

Dale

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to dschultz

We use a Microsoft function to do our formatting.  The best documentation for I've found for the supported options is here: msdn.microsoft.com/.../73ctwf33.aspx.

The version of the  function we use supports most of the options, but there are a couple that don't seem to work('G' for example).