This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Node name list as an account view limitation

I want to create an Orion account where the user only sees nodes in which she would be interested.  Saddly, they do not fall into any convenient name, ip address, or other category for which there is already a check box.  What I would ike to do is provide a list of node names.  Is there some way to do that?

• Just curious why the "Group of Nodes" limitation wouldn't work for you.
  • Because, the nodes I'm interested in do not fall into any of the groupings provided (location, contact person).  I'm playing with the "name pattern" but it doesn't seem possible to use it with a bunch of names that don't fit into a single pattern.

Assume I have three nodes, named moe, larry, and curley.  When user Jane logs into orion I want to configure her account such that she sees only the information for those three nodes.  How could I do that?

•  I'm not sure if this changes in v9 (I'm still on 8.5.1 sp3), but if you select "Group of Nodes" under Account Limitation on the user's account, you should get a list of all the nodes in your inventory.  You just scroll through the list and check the box next to the node you want that user to be able to see. Hope this helps.

Kevin

• When creating the limitation, choose "Group of Nodes" and check the boxes next to moe, larry and curley.  Don't try any of the pattern options.  You just want to choose directly, and that's what "Group of Nodes" is for.

Justin

• All,

I appologize, "Group of Nodes" is exactly what I need.  I was told that it did something else and didn't bother to verify.  Hey, maybe I could work for Fox News or CNN?

Anyway, thank you for your comments and not beating me up for asking a stupid question.

Bob