3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 26, 2011 3:40 PM by mavturner

Node/Interface filtering on Event Summary pages

BryanBecker

I like the fact I can set up node filters for different teams but this is not available in the events summary pages.   I don't care about server issues/events and would like to be able to filter those out so I only see events on my network devices.

BB

• Re: Node/Interface filtering on Event Summary pages
          ctopaloglu

I like the fact I can set up node filters for different teams but this is not available in the events summary pages.   I don't care about server issues/events and would like to be able to filter those out so I only see events on my network devices.

BB

You are definitely right. Event summary is an excellent feature(view) but it doesn't have filters and without filters it is pretty useless. It has to have date/time(with custom time), event and custom property(with SQL query) filtering.

Example: Between 12:00 and 13:00 something happened at my site=data center. I have a custom property called SITE. If I can filter only that site between 12:00 - 13:00 I can catch the problem with ease! And nobody want to see those unwanted(spam) events like "User defined Transmit Bandwidth changed from 10000000 to 100000000 bps" what are those anyway??? Filtered workaround only works with customize page but not on the main Events tab. And it stills allocate some space on the database. Don't want that either.

I need your comments for this feature. Please support this idea if you like it.

Regards,

rgward

+1  definitely for event filtering.  I would like to filter on any text.

mavturner

rgward,

Please see this thread were I talk about some more options for better managing events.

Re: Ability to Filter LastXXEvents

You can use message center to search for all events. You can also limit your search by specifying an IP address (or IP Address pattern). For example, for all devices in the 10.199.1.0 /24 subnet, simply do a search on the IP Address field for 10.199.1.*

We do not currently support filtering of these resources by Groups or Custom Properties and I've logged those requests.

For completely ignoring specific events, please see my comments on changing the EventTypes.Record flag from 1 to 0. This is a global setting so  make sure you are fully aware of what you are changing (ie: if you don't want to see this error, but the Server Admin might, if you change this, nobody will see it).

Mav