This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Manual Unmanage function

I would love to have the ability to simply check or uncheck a node for managing rather than setting a date range. This way I have positive control as to when the node comes back online.

Currently, using the date range I tend to forget that a device was unmanaged and then it pops back up as being down for x amount of days. Our helpdesk then scrambles around trying to determine if it is a new trouble issue.

I have tried to counter this by developing an alert to report the unmanaged period but it is still not as desirable as having a checkbox in addition to a date range.

• What I ended up doing was creating a custom property in the Custom Property Editor called DefaultUM and Set the value to Yes for all the nodes I don't want to be managed, but still want them in ORION. Then I used the Database Manger and performed the following Query

UPDATE Nodes SET

Unmanaged = 1,
    UnmanagedTo = '1/1/2099 12:00:00 AM'
    WHERE DefaultUM = 1
    If you need to manage one later you just go to System Manager or Node Manager on the web and click Manage.