This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Adding a new Node Details view

Whenever I add a new view using the NodeDetails option, I get this bogus title on the page (the part that says Test - Frame Router) .  Any idea why this would show up or how I can change it? 

• Normally the header for a node details view is <title of the view> - <name of node>. So from your screenshot I would guess you have a node called "Test - Frame Router". Is that not the case?

• Yep, I do have a device called that, but that title shows up on any new views I setup as a node details view.  I don't tell solarwinds to use that device and from what I can tell, I can't change that title.

Here is a new view I just setup, it's called down nodes, I don't put any type of filters on it and this is what I get:

• Are you using the Preview button on the Customize View page? When you are editing a "details" type view that requires a net object (like Node Details, Interface Details, Application Details for APM, etc.), the Preview button basically just chooses a device at random so it can show you what your layout looks like.

If you are only including summary type resources like Down Nodes, you should create a Summary view. Then you won't have this problem of a random node being associated when none is needed.

• Thanks, that answers my question.