4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 5, 2008 4:06 AM by Ciag

Monitoring active B channels MIB

Ciag

Hi

I am currently trying to monitor the amount of Active (analog & Digital) B channels we have on a PRI interface on some of our Cisco boxes. I have got a copy of the MIB I need to use and I am fairly certain I have the correct one. See below:

CISCO-POP-MGMT-MIB:cpmISDNCfgBChannelsInUse

OID 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.10.19.1.1.3

Description

The number of configured ISDN B-Channels that are  currently occupied by both Digital and Analog calls.

I have the poller set up to poll on a "per node" basis as the MIB tester fails when I try to assign it to specific interfaces. I also have it set up for historical reporting and I have treid every custom poller view in the Orion web interface. (I get the graphs or dials or line charts but all values indicate 0, which I know is incorrect)

If this is the correct MIB does anyone have any suggestions as to why I keep getting a 0 value because when I telnet into the specific box which I've assigned the custom poller to, I can clearly see current ISDN activity and historical activity. None of them (niether current active calls or historical reports) show up in the web browser custom poller views..  

Thanks in advance

• Re: Monitoring active B channels MIB
          lchance

what's the model of your cisco routers using PRI?

does this OID work

cpmISDNCfgActiveDChannels 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.10.19.1.1.13 (Description The number of ISDN signaling channels which are active.)

• Re: Monitoring active B channels MIB

Your probably hitting a Cisco bug.  ID # CSCee16176

Details from Cisco TAC below:

"The CISCO-POP-MGMT-MIB was designed for AS-5xxx platform. Later it got included into Modular Access Router (MAR) and Integrated Service Router (ISR) platforms. Currently, the tables in this MIB are not getting populated correctly for certain platforms because they are indexed based on the slot number and the port. Some platforms, such as the Cisco 3800 series, can use three level numbering such as <slot>/<sub slot>/<port> (Example: T1 0/0/1 or T1 2/1/1), whereas the MIB supports only two levels of numbering as in <slot>/<port> (Example: E1 1/0 or T1 2/1)."

Note that we've seen errors even when using a chassis which only supports two levels of numbering.

Everest