This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Device Tags vs Monitor Tags

Hi there,

am having trouble with tags...what I'm trying to achieve is create a custom smart group, called Virtual Servers. In the properties of this group I created a rule to - add devices where tag is "Server Type" and matches regular expression "virtual".

I have created a tag on a device (not a monitor) called "Server Type" with the tag value as "virtual" 

What I am having trouble with is that, I cannot see the "tag" which I created for the device I want to add into the smart group. What I am seeing are tags which I've created on monitors.

If I replicate the setup on a monitor instead of a device, it works perfectly.......can anyone shed some light on why I can't see the tag I created on a particular device ?? or have I missed something really simple?