1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 29, 2008 3:42 AM by joehanly

database question for netflow and orion

Is it possible to have 2 different databases for orion and netflow?

We have 2 teams here and its a power struggle of who controls what here.  Our database is 119 gig and its from the traps from netflow.  I like to break away from looking at and seeing the netflow **** in our database.  They crash they crash let that team figure it out.  They are to lazy to call tech support to figure out what the hell they are collecting.

is this possible or do I have to have 2 different installs on 4 different servers here to get what I need done?

• Re: database question for netflow and orion
          joehanly

Hi Rob

Unfortunately this is not possible at present. The Netflow module utilises the managed nodes In network performance monitor.

If you really wanted to separate the two You could look at another Orion for Netflow and just move your Netflow managed nodes to that poller

This would ensure that the two are separate.

Your database doss seems extremely large. You may want to advise the Netflow group to Look at their retention setting For Netflow compressed data .

If you are capturing data From a large number of devices having the default of 90 days for compressed data will make your database extremely large and could affect performance

Thanks

-J