4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 28, 2008 6:49 AM by kweise

Orion MapMaker Node List

dhardy

I noticed this in recent releases, including the most recent (9.0) where when you want to select a node for a particular object on a map, you have to wait for the list of nodes to load before you can select it. Is there a way to do away with the object organization, and furthermore, just have the list be there? I could swear in version 8.0 this loading function wasn't present. Anyone remember? - or am I just dreaming this up?

• Re: Orion MapMaker Node List
          savell

No, you're not dreaming.

While this ver9 feature makes the inital unexpanded node list fast to load, once we select a vendor (i.e. Cisco) it can take several minutes to populate a large list - very frustrating!

Dave.

• Re: Orion MapMaker Node List
            BryanBecker

I noticed this in recent releases, including the most recent (9.0) where when you want to select a node for a particular object on a map, you have to wait for the list of nodes to load before you can select it. Is there a way to do away with the object organization, and furthermore, just have the list be there? I could swear in version 8.0 this loading function wasn't present. Anyone remember? - or am I just dreaming this up?

I think the node list started back in 8.5.  IIRC customers were complaining about the list being too big so they wanted it to be a node tree instead. 

BB