This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Importing map from Map Maker to Orion

I have created a map and it shows up when I select Edit on the main screen.  When I hit Submit, the map does not show up.  I get a square with a red X in it.  When I right click it and select properties, it shows the destination for the map. 

• Just as suggestion here first try to run the Website portion of the Configuration Wizard – try to login as local administrator, and then run a repair, and apply SP3 (if you are on 8.5). A Red X usually indicates permissions were not set up correctly within Inetpub.

•  Mark,

Thanks for responding.    I am new to Orion.   How do you run the Website portion of the Configuration Wizard.   Also, not sure about logging in as local administrator and if there is a default password?    We are still running the Demo even though we purchased the product.  Waiting on the license key.    Thanks again.

• Pardon me for butting in, but if you are new to Orion I can point you in the direction of some very good help and support in learning to use Orion to it's fullest potential. May I contact you privately by email?

•  That would be great.   Thanks   mark.blanchfield@bccompany.com

•  Mark,

Thanks for responding.    I am new to Orion.   How do you run the Website portion of the Configuration Wizard.   Also, not sure about logging in as local administrator and if there is a default password?    We are still running the Demo even though we purchased the product.  Waiting on the license key.    Thanks again.

Orion needs local administrator privileges to ensure full functionality of local Orion NPM tools.. and the Db The Configuration Wizard -can be found under Start -> Programs -> SolarWinds Orion -> Configuration Wizard - and then you select the Website portion.

You should have received an email with those instructions on how to generate the key and activate from within your customer portal. Please contact customer service for an update customerservice@solarwinds.com

• Good. You will hear from us soon.