3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 13, 2008 2:40 PM by WhiteWolf

    Loading...

      When I first installed Exchange Monitor (Setup Launcher File Version: 1.0.1.29 ) and put in the settings for our Exchange Server, everything was working great.  Then I changed from using the IP to the server name and it appeared to work just fine.  I messed around with a few more settings and then noticed that none of the info was being updated.  I tried changing server names and restarting the application and even restarted the local system and all I get anymore is "Loading..."  I have even reset configurations to default with no luck.

      It is running on XP and the server is Win. 2K3 SBS.

      Any ideas?

      The thing that gets me most is that it was working just fine for a while.  I'm tempted to wait until the next time I restart the Server to try again.

      Any help would be appreciated. 

        • Re: Loading...

          Still unable to retrieve data.  The server has rebooted a few times since my last post with no changes.  I am able to test credentials through Exchange Monitor's configuration (using domain admin) but main app still just says loading...

           I looked at some of the other posts here and it appears there may be some issues with using domain admin account with this tool.  I checked with WBEMTEST and was able to connect to \\<EXCHANGE_SERVER>\root\default with no problems.  I also tried "wmic /user:<ADMIN> /password:<PASSWORD> /node:<EXCHANGE_SERVER> cpu get /VALUE" and had no problems retrieving information on the server's CPUs.

          If anyone has any ideas for me to try, I would appreciate it. 

          • Re: Loading...

             Okay, after a little research and testing I found that if I run it as the local administrator it loads up just fine. (This is on XP - not Vista like the warnings mention)  Also, I noticed that if I leave the box checked for "Protect my computer and data from unauthorized program activity" checked, it generates an unhandled exception when trying to save settings.  Just in case any of the programmers ever read this, I have included the Exception Text Below.  In the mean time, I noticed version 1.0.2 is out so I will try downloading that to see if they managed to fix the problem yet.

            ************** Exception Text **************
            System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: Failed to save settings: A configuration file cannot be created for the requested Configuration object. ---> System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: A configuration file cannot be created for the requested Configuration object.
               at System.Configuration.MgmtConfigurationRecord.SaveAs(String filename, ConfigurationSaveMode saveMode, Boolean forceUpdateAll)
               at System.Configuration.Configuration.SaveAsImpl(String filename, ConfigurationSaveMode saveMode, Boolean forceSaveAll)
               at System.Configuration.Configuration.Save()
               at System.Configuration.ClientSettingsStore.WriteSettings(String sectionName, Boolean isRoaming, IDictionary newSettings)
               --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
               at System.Configuration.ClientSettingsStore.WriteSettings(String sectionName, Boolean isRoaming, IDictionary newSettings)
               at System.Configuration.LocalFileSettingsProvider.SetPropertyValues(SettingsContext context, SettingsPropertyValueCollection values)
               at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.SaveCore()
               at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.Save()
               at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.Save()
               at ExchangeMon.ConfigFrm.ConfigFrm_FormClosing(Object sender, FormClosingEventArgs e)
               at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnFormClosing(FormClosingEventArgs e)
               at System.Windows.Forms.Form.CheckCloseDialog(Boolean closingOnly)

            ( I saved the "Loaded Assemblies" & "JIT Debugging" text as well for this exception if needed.)

              • Re: Loading...

                Well, annoying as it may be to have a prolonged 1-way discussion, I feel there may be others out there with the same problem(s) so this is for them...

                The Saga Continues...

                So I installed version1.0.2 and just like the previous version I had, I was able to connect up with no problems immediately after install but when I exit the application and restart it it gets stuck saying "Loading..."

                Just like before it runs fine as the local admin account but not as user who is a member of the Administrators group.  This appears to be an issue with permissions on the local system.  Short of spending more time on this than it's worth to me (which I may already have) I am out of options until this problem is fixed unless someone else finds a work-around.

                I will update this topic if any new information is found.