6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 11, 2008 5:48 AM by hez

Orion Service Manager

rgward

With all the add-on services now being started, OSM needs "Stop All Services"/"Start All Services" buttons AND a checkbox on each service to allow the option of selecting which services to Stop/Start at the same time.  It's a pain having to do each service one at a time every time one needs to shutdown/restart multiple or all services.

• Re: Orion Service Manager
          aLTeReGo

I just created a batch file to do the same thing

(Stop Orion.bat)

net stop "SolarWinds Alerting Engine"
          net stop "SolarWinds Application Monitor"
          net stop "SolarWinds Custom MIB Poller"
          net stop "SolarWinds NetFlow Service"
          net stop "SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor"
          net stop "SolarWinds Syslog Service"
          net stop "SolarWinds Trap Service"
          net stop "SolarWinds Windows Event Syslogger"
          net stop "SolarWinds Job Engine"
          net stop "SolarWinds Job Scheduler"
          net stop "SolarWinds Orion Information Service"
          net stop "SolarWinds Orion Job Engine"
          net stop "SolarWinds Orion Job Scheduler"
          net stop "SolarWinds Orion Module Engine"

(Start Orion.bat)

net start "SolarWinds Alerting Engine"
          net start "SolarWinds Application Monitor"
          net start "SolarWinds Custom MIB Poller"
          net start "SolarWinds NetFlow Service"
          net start "SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor"
          net start "SolarWinds Syslog Service"
          net start "SolarWinds Trap Service"
          net start "SolarWinds Windows Event Syslogger"
          net start "SolarWinds Job Engine"
          net start "SolarWinds Job Scheduler"
          net start "SolarWinds Orion Information Service"
          net start "SolarWinds Orion Job Engine"
          net start "SolarWinds Orion Job Scheduler"
          net start "SolarWinds Orion Module Engine"

You can combine the two batch files to make a (Restart Orion.bat)

I know it might not be as cool as the tool that's provided with Orion but it has been working well for me. Hope this helps.

With all the add-on services now being started, OSM needs "Stop All Services"/"Start All Services" buttons AND a checkbox on each service to allow the option of selecting which services to Stop/Start at the same time.  It's a pain having to do each service one at a time every time one needs to shutdown/restart multiple or all services.

I don't have the app in front of me right now, so I can't verify the location and menu item names, but there is a "stop all" and "start all" available from a menu.  It has been there since at least 8.0, but clearly it is too well hidden.

rgward

I don't have the app in front of me right now, so I can't verify the location and menu item names, but there is a "stop all" and "start all" available from a menu.  It has been there since at least 8.0, but clearly it is too well hidden.

Ah, there they are.  How about that, right under our nose. Your tip made me take a closer look and they are under File>Start Everything and Shutdown Everything.  Do these functions do the Website and Com+ App services too?  

Can we get these as buttons so they are not so hidden?  Also, as mentioned, having a checkbox on each service to select which ones to stop would be helpful too.

Thanks for the tip David!

hez

Great feature, but since they are so "well" hidden, Would I also like to have a vote for buttons for this.. 

Would also like to know if there is somewhere a recommendation for the order of starting and stopping services?