29 Replies Latest reply on Aug 4, 2008 2:34 PM by Wallaby_Jones

Orion V9.0 SP1 is now available

mark wiggans
        • Re: Orion V9.0 SP1 is now available
          guod

I have not upgraded from 8.5.1 SP3 yet. Does the V9.0 installer include Sp1 yet ?

Thanks,

Doug

mark wiggans

Yes, it has been bundled within the new V9.0 installer/downloads.

torrielw

Is there a V9.0 SP1 or do I download the v9 again. I don't see a v9 SP1 in my customer portal.

mark wiggans

Correct,  it is already bundled with V9 from within the customer portals. After 5pm today you should see the SP1 in the customer portal as well. The SP1 Production version link can also be found amongst the latest updates on the right column of this page

http://www.solarwinds.com/support/

BryanBecker

Mark,

If you download V9 today and install it with the footer say V9 SP1 or just V9?  If it doesn't this will be confusing  for people who need to figure out if they do or do not have the SP.  I have requested this a long time ago that somewhere on the admin page shows all your servers and all the applications installed with each service pack for each add-on listed.  Something like under the poller engines section.  I have multiple pollers and NTA/VoIP add-ons and I know people have more than that and it would be nice to have one location that breaks each server out and what's installe don them.

BB

aLTeReGo

If you have SP1 installed your footer will read...

SolarWinds Orion Network Performance Monitor 9.0 SP1 © 1995-2008 All Rights Reserved

mark wiggans

The footer will read SP1-  So just look at the bottom of the webpage regardless if you are logged in or not. l'll let Denny answer regarding the possibility of a centralized listing location on the Admin page. 

crwchief6

I already had Orion version 9.0 and I thought it was with the SP1 but after checking the footer it only show 9.0 so I just ran the Orion 9.0 -SP1 update.exe and during the configuration screen a message popped up saying "Failure to Update ASP.NET" and now the wizard has stopped. I am not sure if I need to click the Back or Finish or open a ticket for this. Anyone else had this problem?

mark wiggans

Have not seen this one before. Try clicking Finish and re-applying the SP1.

crwchief6

Ok I clicked finished and restarted the update again and now I get the following:

Installing SolarWinds Orion Network Performance Monitor 9.0 SP1

Stopping Services
                                              Stopping Service NetPerfMonService
                                              Service is stopped

Stopping Service OrionModuleEngine
                                              Service is stopped

Stopping Service SolarwindsSyslogService
                                              Service is stopped

Stopping Service SolarWindsAlertingEngine
                                              Service is stopped

Stopping Service SolarWindsTrapService
                                              Service is stopped

Stopping Service SWOrionInformationService
                                              Service is stopped

Stopping Service SWJobEngineSvc
                                              Service is stopped

Stopping Service SWJobSchedulerSvc
                                              Service is stopped

Stopping Service NetFlowService
                                              Service is stopped

Stopping Service VoipMonitorService
                                              Service is stopped

Waiting for NetPerfMonService.exe to exit
                                              Process is stopped

Waiting for SolarWinds.BusinessLayerHost.exe to exit
                                              Process is stopped

Waiting for TrapService.exe to exit
                                              Process is stopped

Waiting for SyslogService.exe to exit
                                              Process is stopped

Waiting for AlertingEngine.exe to exit
                                              Process is stopped

Waiting for SolarWinds.InformationService.Service.exe to exit
                                              Process is stopped

Waiting for SWJobEngineSvc.exe to exit
                                              Process is stopped

Waiting for SWJobSchedulerSvc.exe to exit
                                              Process is stopped

Waiting for SWJobEngineWorker.exe to exit
                                              Process is stopped

Waiting for NetFlowService.exe to exit
                                              Process is stopped

Waiting for VoipMonitorService.exe to exit
                                              Process is stopped

Copying files to C:\Program Files\Solarwinds\Orion\
                                              Copy Complete

Uninstalling SolarWinds Job Engine
                                              Installing updated SolarWinds Job Engine
                                              SolarWinds Job Engine update complete

ERROR: The system was unable to find the specified registry key or value.
                                              Starting Services

Then the screen goes away.

aLTeReGo

I just installed SP1 and now my NPM service won't start. The event viewer has the following error

NetPerfMon Service Error:

Engine Initialization Error:

Detailed Error: No Software License Key Installed for

Orion NPM v9 SL2000

Error: Orion8NetPerfMon-101

lekeosi

Got this error while running the Configuration Wizard after a v9 upgrade with SP1.

Error while executing script- 'PK_CustomPollerStatistics_Detail' is not a constraint.

The Wizard doesn't show any activity for a long time after this and I'm forced to click exit it. Orion works after this, but my custom pollers don't show up on the webconsole anymore.

mark wiggans

lekeosi-

Check the constraints on the CustomPollerStatistics_Detail table. This can be done in SQL Server Management Studio Express by expanding that table, and checking in the Constraints folder.

In SQL Server Enterprise Manager, it can be done by clicking on Tables, right-clicking on the CustomPollerStatistics_Detail table, going to "Design Table", then clicking on the "Check Constraints" button in the toolbar.

If the constraint does not exist on that table, run the following SQL query against the database:

ALTER TABLE [CustomPollerStatistics_Detail]

ADD [RowID] [varchar](800) NOT NULL DEFAULT(''),

CONSTRAINT [PK_CustomPollerStatistics_Detail] PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED

(

[CustomPollerAssignmentID],

[DateTime],

[Archive],

[RowID]

)

This SQL Query can be found in the ConfigurationWizard.log file, as part of the details of the error message