This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Displaying Poller Data from a Get Table

Hi All.  I have just upgraded to v9 and I am using the new Universal Device Poller to do a GET TABLE on a table containing Windows Service information (name, state, start type, etc).  I am able to perform the test just fine and I get back data.

What I am going for here is column A from the GET TABLE contains the service name, Column B contains the services currnet state (running, stopped, etc) and Column C contains the services start type (Auto, Manual, Diabled).  What I would like to display in Orion Node Details is a simple table showing this informaiton.

What I am confused on is exactly how to display this data in orion.  I see we now have a Tabular Data resource that can be displayed on a node...but I cant quite get my hands around how to do this properly.  Can this be done?

Like I said, I am getting data and it is polling properly, this is purely a "how do I display this stuff" problem.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.  I can provide further info if this isnt making sense.

Thanks!

Mike

• Mike,

Here is how you do what you are asking:

1. Create 2 table pollers with the Universal Device Poller, 1 for column b and one for column c.  For both pollers choose column A as the row label.
    2. Add the column B poller to the node details view
    3. Go to the node details view and choose "edit" for the Tabular Data resource you just added
    4. Add the column C poller to this resource

I think that will get you what you are looking for.

• Thanks for the response.  This makes sense and I believe I have the tabular resource setup properly now pere your instructions.  But I still am not seeing any data even though my oid test returns data.  So, I did some fuirther digging.  I have verified the poller is enabled and assigned to the node I am testing with and tests do return the expected data.  When I look in dbo.CustomPollers I see the entries for these pollers.  But, when I check dbo.CustomPollerStatus and match on CustomPollerAssignmentID I do not find entries for these pollers which leads me to believe they haven't actually polled.  My other pollers (that arent Tables) seem to be polling fine.

Any ideas on that?

Mike

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to mikeharris

Hey Mike,

In the Universal Device Poller, if you expand the node and select the poller(in the pollers folder under the node) do you see data in the upper right pane?  If not, go ahead and open a support ticket and get some diagnostics and we can investigate further.

• Nope.  No data.  I'll open a support ticket.

Thanks.

Mike

• Ticket number is 50768.

Thanks.

Mike

• After working with support and going through diagnostics a repair of my solarwinds v9 install through control panel seems to have resolved this issue.

Thanks.

Mike