5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 11, 2008 5:01 PM by casey.schmit

Anyone use SSL for Orion web console?

pguenther

Is it possible to use SSL for the Orion web console? Is anyone doing this? I also have Netflow and VoIP modules installed (although not using VoIP just yet). I was thinking about publishing the site externally through ISA to certain individuals and was wondering about security. 

• Re: Anyone use SSL for Orion web console?

I am, and other than a speed hit, it works pretty well.

pguenther

Is there anything specific that needs to be done with Orion to enable this? I know I would need a certificate. Are there instructions in any of the Admin guides (I looked but didn't see any). Is it all just done with IIS? (I am not an IIS person by any means) 

tdanner

There's nothing specific you need to do to Orion unless you want to run HTTPS on something other than the default port of 443. Just go through the same setup as for any other IIS website and you should be good to go.

charly_DF

I buy a VeriSign Certificate for my Orion NPM web Server, but is not working because y have a custom port.

https://myserver.com:8888

when we login to the site, an error is displayed:

Orion Website Error

An error has occurred with the Orion website.
                      Additional Information
                      System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:443
                         at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
                         at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.InternalConnect(EndPoint remoteEP)
                         at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Int32 timeout, Exception& exception)
                         --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
                         at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
                         at Proxy.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
                         at System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e)
                         at System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e)
                         at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
                         at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
                         at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)