Many thanks for replying my previous post. I look forward to the fix and also I have several ideas/questions regarding new features I would Cirrus to have. I was referred to you So here we go:
1. Why don't SolarWinds implement such a simple solution for loging automation as SecureCRT?
It really works - you can define what to expect and what to send. I have tested several applications for configuration management and nobody has done it. I believe it would give your software a certain advantage and freedom to the user.
2. Cirrus should have the possibility to generate a configuration change report of the last two downloads.
3. Cirrus should also be able to compare and distinguish between the running and startup configs.
4. Cirrus should be able to generate a report on whether the running and startup configs are in sync and also you should be able to synchronize them in bulk.
5. Cirrus should alose be able to list the learnt mac addresses on a selected swicthport.
6. Cirrus should also be able to chain jobs. For example - first you would synchronize the running and startup configs and as soon as it would be finished cirrus would start another job downloading the running configs.
7. Cirrus should also be able to store and run scripts on per/device/vendor/ device group basis - meaning if I select a HP switch and at the same time a Cisco switch and select a script named "show version" - it will execute a different script for each device. I know that these basic commands like show version, show running etc are defined in the device templates but the problem is that device templates do not give the user much freedom. With the feature implemented one would basically be able to define their own variables which in turn could be used in jobs, and other scripts. This would add another level of freedom.
These features I have mentioned should quite easy to implement and would save SolarWinds suppport team from many complaints and fix requests. Are Solarwinds working on these features at the moment? if yes which of them and when can we expect them to be available?
I look forward to your reply.