This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

New group & All managed devices

Hi,

I registered all my systems under "All managed devices".

Now i'm creating new group to dispatch my devices among these new group.

My question is : is there a way to find which system defined under "All managed devices" are not yet dispatched under my new groups ?

• Hello BackDoor, sure there is... here's some steps for you.

1. Create a group call "placeholder". All groups that you permanently want to keep will go in here (later we'll move them out).
    2. Create a SmartGroup that contains devices, and have it contain "all devices".
    3. Next, remove any existing rules and a new rule add one that removes devices within the "placeholder" group you just made.
    4. Fire up a new session and navigate to placeholder (perhaps in the full screen / noc mode), and refresh as needed while you assign devices to your new groups.
    5. When you're finished creating groups and assigning devices / monitors, select everything in "placeholder" and move that to "My Network"
  • Thanks emoticons_happy.png It works fine.

Last question .. is there a way to remove "All managed device" group ?