5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 7, 2008 9:33 AM by casey.schmit

Graphing UnDP data

bleearg13

I seem to not get data in my graphs for universal device pollers if I change from Area to Line (or other graph display types).  This problem was identified in beta, but I thought it was fixed.  Also, the Area graphs don't seem to flow very well.  Rather, all my Area graphs are a bunch of spikes rather than what I'd expect an area graph to appear as (see pic)

• Re: Graphing UnDP data
          bleearg13
          Looking at the raw chart data, it looks like the poller is running every 5 minutes, but only storing the data every 10 minutes.
              bleearg13
              Looking at the raw chart data, it looks like the poller is running every 5 minutes, but only storing the data every 10 minutes.

The answer to this question came last night to me in a dream.  My node polling is set to 10 minutes and my graph is showing a 5 minute interval.  Duh.

First problem still remains.  I am not able to switch between Line, Bar, Area, Spline, and Ribbon graphs.

casey.schmit

I thought the Area/Line/Bar chart issue was fixed as well.  Can you gather  diagnostics and send them in with a support ticket. 

Have you seen this problem on any non-table device pollers? 

bleearg13

Well, I opened a ticket and the tech is asking for a screenshot.  I'd like to oblige him, but Murphy has struck again.  I cannot seem to replicate the problem!  I am wondering if my changing the polling values to every 5m instead of every 10m had something to do with it.  I've tried setting the graph type on both single pollers and table pollers and, unfortunately, can't replicate it anymore.  I cannot say for sure that when the problem was happening, it was only with table-based pollers.