16 Replies Latest reply on Feb 3, 2010 5:05 PM by Nicki

Customising Reports

Daniel.Chambers

Hi, 

I have written a couple of custom reports and want them to show the company Logo along with other details, like address, etc. 

Is it possible to do this from Orion automatically when you run reports? Or do you have to export the data. drop it into excel or the like and then apply your custom formatting? 

Cheers

• Re: Customising Reports
          Ciag

Hi 

I have had a look for this before and as far as I can see it is not an option that is offered as part of the SW report writer or scheduler App. A way I that might be possible is if someone wrote some code that could be added to the report writer to include a logo in the background of the report. I wouldn't have a clue where to start with that so I have been using a word processor or spread sheet like you mentioned.

I would be interested if anyone else has a better solution. 

borgan

This can be done. Find the JPEG that you want to use and save it as a file named ReportHeader.jpg. Store it in the following location:

Program Files/Solarwinds/Orion. The image should be no larger than 150 pixels.

You should now see that logo in the header for printed reports.

Ciag

excellent thanks that's great. I had tried that before but it didn't work although I wasn't aware of the pixel limit on the image at the time. Thanks

JasonKV

This is an excellent "hack" to get a header logo on your reports. However I seem to be getting the image on the header and the footer. Is there a way to turn off the footer image?

I noticed the height is limited to 150px but the width can be whatever you can fit on one page. Is this correct?

Also is there a way to change the margin dimensions. I would like to limit white space a little more then what is standard on the report print out?

Thanks in advance.

JasonKV

Bump Please. I would love to get a little assistance on this as its still a "hot" issue. Thank you.

I'm having the same problem of the header/footer, and would like a way to turn off the footer.  My pixel size is 580x85.  I did save the file as ReportHeader.jpg

So.....what's next? (I'm getting some flack, because the logo is at the bottom and the top...?)

Thanks!

Ciag

Hey,

Sorry I haven't found a way to remove the logo at the base of the report. I have searched for a script or something that instructs the page to place the logo at both top and bottom but I am yet to find the source.

Sorry  I can't be more help, if you find it yourself please post it up here as I would be very interested.

Regards

Ciaran

borgan

I was just checking a new installation of Orion 9.5 SP5 to see if this hack still worked. I placed a JPG logo file named "ReportHeader.jpg" in the C:\Program Files\SolarWinds\Orion folder, but the report header logo remains the default SolarWinds logo.

Has the location for this file changed in the current version?

borgan

Anyone at SolarWinds? Can we still do this? i just tried it again with 9.5.1 and it no worky!

If you go to Web Console Settings (in Admin screen) you can put the path in the area where it says Site Logo URL.

I put our logo file (mylogo.jpg) in the directory of the following path:

\Program Files\SolarWinds\Common\mylogo.jpg

I also put the same file (mylogo.jp) with a different name (header.jpg) in the directory of with the following path:

\Program Files\SolarWinds\Common\header.jpg

Of course, like I mentioned above, this does not get rid of the logo appearing as the footer also.  But we have our own customized header on reports and on website.

PS. I also have the same file (mylogo.jpg) saved as ReportHeader.jpg, and it is in the following directory and path:

\Program Files\SolarWinds\Orion\ReportHeader.jpg

pacetti

In 9.5.1, the report header is header.jpg in \Program Files\SolarWinds\Orion\Common\WebResources\

I'm not an SME on XMLSPY or CSS, but perhaps if the SWexport.css were edited, or whatever file uses the header jpg for the Report Writer were edited to not include a footer except for the copyright footer (SolarWinds Orion Network Performance Monitor 9.5 SP5 © 1995-2009 All Rights Reserved).......we could be done with this once and for all.

We appreciate your continued support.

liquidd

I have noticed that no one has replied to this since January.  Has anything changed with version 9.5 to allow the footer to be removed?  or even allow me to show a different logo such a s the Solarwinds one?

Any help is appreciated.

Ciag

hi,

as Borgan suggested previously you can insert your own logo as long as your JPG is no larger than 150 pixels and you save it using the filename ReportHeader.jpg then all you need to so is store that file in the following location.

Program Files/Solarwinds/Orion

This will allow the change the logo but I haven't seen an ability to remove the footer yet. I currently haven't upgraded to 9.5, I'm taking the cautious path as always with upgrades. I'll let you know if it has been addresses when I do upgrade, which should be soon.

If anyone else is able to answer sooner please feel free.