This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Bug Report - Orion didn't update NTA

Gentlemen,

I'm sorry if this isn't the correct way to report a bug, but I couldn't find another way to do it. I also appoligize if this has already been brought to your attention.

I'm running Orion 3.5.1 with NTA 3. I had to update a node because of an IP address change, and it just happened to be one of my core routers monitored in NTA. Orion took the change in stride, and I didn't have to update my maps or anything, but my application monitoring charts immediately gave a no data error. When I drilled into my NTA settings, I saw two entries for the router, one monitored and one not. No about of switching between the two yielded desirable result, so I "un-monitored" them both and applyed the change. I went back in and there was only one entry. When I selected it, my charts started working again. Nearest I can figure out, NTA was trying to poll the old IP address, so Orion must not have updated it. I allowed a 36-hour window between changing the node and investigating the charts, so it's not just a replication issue.

-Cpl Wallace