SolarWinds Orion Application Performance Monitor 1.0 - Service Pack 4
This service pack requires Orion Application Performance Monitors (APM) 1.0.
Customers with additional web servers must install this service pack on each additional web server.
Service Pack 4 resolves the following issues:
- The SolarWinds Orion Job Engine service can crash and prevent the service from restarting correctly.
- There is a memory leak in the SolarWinds.JobEngineWorker.exe process.
- The SolarWinds Job Scheduler service crashes at startup on some machines.
- The APM Additional Website is no longer required to be in the same domain as the Orion Server.
This service pack also includes the following fixes that were resolved in Service Packs 1, 2, and 3:
- Alert timestamps are displayed in UTC instead of the correct time zone.
- HTTPS monitors sometimes fail to validate certificates.
- The SNMP monitor can fail if there are hundreds of processes.
- The SNMP monitor does not retry SNMP requests.
- The FTP monitor reports a down status if the FTP server is slow to respond.
- The SNMP monitor fails with "Value was either too large or too small for a UInt64".
- Job Scheduler failures are being ignored, and causes monitor status to show as "unknown".
- The Job Engine does not correctly handle additional Orion pollers if they are not running APM.
- APM fails to capture IP addresses that are updated in Orion.
- Target nodes that go down cause APM to display monitor status as "unknown".
- Losing database connectivity causes the Job Scheduler to stop working.
- There is a memory leak in the SNMP Process Monitor.
- The presence of a large number of monitors causes the Job Scheduler to display an error.
- Active Custom Poller Alerts can cause the Application Details view to display errors.
- APM stops capturing poll results if the computer name changes.
- Filters are limited to 60 characters in the TopXX Filter edit page.
- It is not possible to use TopXX filters that contain single quote characters.
- The DNS Monitors incorrectly report "Response Message Formatted Incorrectly"
- CPU usage on SQL Server may be high after installing APM.
- HTTP and HTTPS monitors can fail when HTTP servers respond with invalid headers.
FOR EVAL USERS:
To install this service pack, run update.exe.
The following files, using the default installation path, are updated during service pack installation: