8 Replies Latest reply on Jun 12, 2008 5:51 PM by dperdue

Exchange Stores ?

profzoom1

I don't see where this monitors the exchange stores not the service but individual mail stores? Am I missing something and this is included in one of the other monitors or is this in here somewhere.

• Re: Exchange Stores ?
          ShamChauthani

Exchange Monitor does not monitor the individual mail stores. It does however monitor the drives on the machine for available disk space and alerts on specified thresholds.

profzoom1

Is this planned for future releases? Tool does us no good without monitoring the individual stores since we have plenty of disk space but if a store goes down then this would not alert of notify of give any indication there was a problem.

Thanks for the updated though

denny.lecompte

ProfZoom1,

If you need additional functionality beyond our Exchange Monitor, both ipMonitor does a lot more.  With its next release, Orion Application Performance Monitor will introduce custom WMI counters, which will allow much deeper monitoring of Exchange.

profzoom1

I currently have APM and this little exchange monitor looked like something we could put on our VP's desktop so our VP could have a dashboard for exchange but without the individual stores being monitored it does us no good for our VP to have this since the VP will use a different dashboard then this one.

I am not very impressed with APM since it is a pain to setup all the individual monitors for the servers and uses a lot of memory and processing power on our server since it is not multi-threaded and able to take advantage of the our quad core server. Since installing and adding our production server apps into APM I have had to tune my polling everytime a server is added or I get charts with just dots all over instead of a nice readable line chart.