This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

SSH with Broadband System Manager

We want to disable Telnet on all of our CMTS devices and enable SSH but are unsure of a workaround for the Broadband System Manager. Does anyone know a workaround for this??  Thanks in advance!!!

• Unfortunately BSM is Telnet only. I don't know of any workaround.

• Thanks for the quick reply Mark!  I figured I would give the forums a try before abandoning all hope.  I originally put a ticket in with Solarwinds and this was their reply: "Thank you for contacting Solarwinds.  It is possible to use SSH instead of Telnet.  However, this is customization that, while possible, is not supported.  I would recommend posting this question in our Thwack.com user forum as there have been other customers who have done this.  They should be able to give you the information on how to get this setup within Orion.

Regards,
    Matthew Harvey
    SolarWinds Support Team "
     Thanks again!!!