This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

How can you tell who ackowledged an alert and at what time

FormerMember
FormerMember

We are a long time Orion user and recently upgraded to 8.x. With the advanced alerts feature I am configuring many more alerts that will in most cases email first, and then page if the condition is still present 15 minutes later. We will also be incorporating acknowledging alerts for the admins so that we can keep the paging (esclations) manageable but I need to know if its possible to determine who acknowledged an alert and at what time.

Thanks

John

• If the user has an account in the admin portions of SolarWinds you will see who ack'ed the alert and a timestamp.

If you have a domain/everyone setup and you don't have people specified you will only see a "everyone" user ack'ing the alert.     

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to BXIV

Where?  I believe I can see the ack on the active alerts but once the item is no longer down or otherwise where can I go to locate the ack?

Thanks

• Hmm, the closest thing I could find was the Alertlog table, and it does not track acks....perhaps this needs to be requested?  From what I can see in my DB once a alert is reset the ack goes with it.....it could be stored some where else though.