6 Replies Latest reply on May 27, 2008 10:30 AM by aynov

A Group Column?

Is there a way to see what group or groups a device or monitor belongs to?  I do most of my alerting based on groups.  Since upgrade to v 9.0.1, I decided to take advantage of the device groupings, so I could have groups of groups.  But I am not sure I caught all my devices into a group.

Thanks,

Bo

• Re: A Group Column?
          chris.lapoint

There isn't a group column per se, but you can edit a device or monitor and click "Relations" button at top and it willl tell you all references to this object (groups, what it includes, dependencies, reports, etc.).

HTH, 

Thanks.  Perhaps something to add to the wishlist?  A view where you can see each device, and what group or groups it is a part of?  And the same of individual monitors?

:)

Bo

By the way, this is very nice.  I love being able to see all this information!

I also notice you can do the same thing in your alerts, and not only see all the groups associated to the alert, but all the devices too!

This rocks!

Bo

chris.lapoint

Always great to hear that!   I'd love to hear any additional feedback you have around the new Dashboard or the dynamic groups.

For the Dashboard, My Network -> My Network Contents, it would be nice if you could limit what was included in this view.  For example, if I make multiple groups, it would be nice to exclude SmartGroups, if I so wanted.  This would just allow me to limit the number of warning/down groups, since there will be overlap.  The same goes for the map view.  Rather than moving elements to the bottom of the map to make them harder to find, it would be nice to be able to exclude them.

The NOC views are awesome.  I really love what you did with this.  The only thing that would be better, is that if a device has one or more monitors in a state other then up, as well as changing the color of the device, to show which monitors are in a bad state, rather than forcing me to click on the device to see what is down.  Less clicks is definitely better.

As I think of more, I will post it here.  Again, I am really loving this version and the direction it is moving.

Bo 

A little off topic, but the predefined Group reports are a great addition!  I just noticed them, and tried it out with Monitor Downtime.  How nice!

These are the little things that you all need to hype more.  What a time saver!

Bo