2 Replies Latest reply on May 13, 2008 12:28 PM by aLTeReGo

SNMP Version Report

aLTeReGo

I might be missing something here, but I can't seem to find a way of creating a report that will show the SNMP version being used by Orion to communicate with each device. I'm required to move all my network devices to SNMPv3 by July and it would be great if I could run a report that would show the progress being made, and to ensure nothing falls through the cracks. Does anyone have any ideas?

• Re: SNMP Version Report
          borgan

You will need to construct an advanced SQL report since I don't think this is included in any out-of-the-box report I can find in Orion.

Start by opening an existing report in Report Writer - such as Current Status of each Node (or any other report as a starting point). Go to the Select Fields tab and delete any fields that you do not want in the new report. Hwen I did this, I left NodeID and Node. Then go to the Report menu and select "Show SQL". On the tab that appears, highlight the SQL statement and copy it to an new Advanced SQL report, which will open in another window.

Now go to the blank SQL tab and paste the copied SQL language there. It will look like this:

SELECT
          Nodes.NodeID AS NodeID, Nodes.Caption AS NodeName
           FROM
          Nodes

ORDER BY 2 ASC

Paste the following at the end of the Select statement:

Nodes.SNMPVersion AS SNMP

SO, now your SQL query looks like this:

SELECT
          Nodes.NodeID AS NodeID, Nodes.Caption AS NodeName , Nodes.SNMPVersion AS SNMP
           FROM
          Nodes

ORDER BY 2 ASC

This worked for me. My column for SNMP is headed by "SNMP", but you can put any other header that you want in there that SQL will tolerate, or you can click on the Field Formatting tab and change the column header there.

Don't forget to enter information on the General tab for report category and title and save it as a new report.

Hope this helps and I apologize if I repeated too much that you already know.

1 of 1 people found this helpful