6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 13, 2008 10:26 PM by CoreyMac

Another v3 Web error

njoylif
      System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at SolarWinds.Orion.Web.UI.OrionView.OnPreInit(EventArgs e)
         at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
       I get no web love...when I click on netflow tab, this is what I get.
      Any thoughts?  thx.  Larry
        • Re: Another v3 Web error
          njoylif

Interesting.  upon reading other forums from older versions, they said to check views.  I logged in as admin and the page came up, no problem.  Logged in as me and my
          "Netflow traffic analysis view" is set to default, but my only options are default or none.

Any thoughts?  thx

Andy McBride

Hi njoylif,

This normally due to an invalid customized view added. The fix is to go in as admin and return the views in NetFlow to the default set by deleting any custom ones.

Andy

njoylif

Interesting.  I haven't customized any Netflow views.  Node, yes, but not Netflow.

any thoughts?

Andy McBride

Take a look and make sure the NetFlow Summary Resources look just like the attached. If they don't you'll have to edit back to this state. If they do, it looks like support may be the best path forward.

Andy

jswan

I have been having the same problem and had a case open with support, but it got referred to development and I haven't heard back yet. I rebooted the server and the problem went away for a little while, then reappeared. I then realized that the problem was only with my account. So I went into SQL Enterprise Mananger and looked at the accounts table. The value for my account in the Netflow Summary column was "-2", and everybody else's was "19". I changed it to 19 and the problem was solved. Hopefully it will stay fixed now. 

The similar problem I had was due to the view settings that older acount had when new pieces like NetFlow are added.  The account values for views and such are not updated for these older accounts (or at least accounts that were there before NTA was installed).  Once I changed this on any pre-existing accounts it stopped...  I heard the same from support that I had created invalid customized views.  In our case that was not true at all, it was a side effect of the default account settings from these older accounts.  It appears there is more than one cause to me.